Trump Campaign Press Release - Trump Campaign Announces Evangelical Executive Advisory Board
(New York, NY) June 21, 2016 - Today, the Donald J. Trump campaign announced a new executive board convened to provide advisory support to Mr. Trump on those issues important to Evangelicals and other people of faith in America.
The executive board will also lead a much larger Faith and Cultural Advisory Committee to be announced later this month.
The leaders on the executive board were not asked to endorse Mr. Trump as a prerequisite for participating on the board.
Rather, the formation of the board represents Donald J. Trump's endorsement of those diverse issues important to Evangelicals and other Christians, and his desire to have access to the wise counsel of such leaders as needed. Mr. Trump has received widespread support from Evangelical leaders, communities and voters, winning the majority of the Evangelical vote throughout the primaries.
Mr. Trump stated, "I have such tremendous respect and admiration for this group and I look forward to continuing to talk about the issues important to Evangelicals, and all Americans, and the common sense solutions I will implement when I am President."
The executive board members will convene on a regular basis. Certain members of the advisory board are solely responsible for managing Mr. Trump's private meeting with hundreds of Christian leaders scheduled today in New York City.
Executive board members include:
- Michele Bachmann - Former Congresswoman
- A.R. Bernard - Senior Pastor and CEO, Christian Cultural Center
- Mark Burns - Pastor, Harvest Praise and Worship Center
- Tim Clinton - President, American Association of Christian Counselors
- Kenneth and Gloria Copeland - Founders, Kenneth Copeland Ministries
- James Dobson - Author, Psychologist and Host, My Family Talk
- Jerry Falwell, Jr. - President, Liberty University
- Ronnie Floyd - Senior Pastor, Cross Church
- Jentezen Franklin - Senior Pastor, Free Chapel
- Jack Graham - Senior Pastor, Prestonwood Baptist Church
- Harry Jackson - Senior Pastor, Hope Christian Church
- Robert Jeffress - Senior Pastor, First Baptist Church of Dallas
- David Jeremiah - Senior Pastor, Shadow Mountain Community Church
- Richard Land – President, Southern Evangelical Seminary
- James MacDonald – Founder and Senior Pastor, Harvest Bible Chapel
- Johnnie Moore - Author, President of The KAIROS Company
- Robert Morris - Senior Pastor, Gateway Church
- Tom Mullins – Senior Pastor, Christ Fellowship
- Ralph Reed - Founder,Faith and Freedom Coalition
- James Robison - Founder, Life OUTREACH International
- Tony Suarez - Executive VicePresident, National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
- Jay Strack - President, Student Leadership University
- Paula White - Senior Pastor, New Destiny Christian Center
- Tom Winters - Attorney, Winters and King, Inc.
- Sealy Yates – Attorney, Yates and Yates
Donald J. Trump, Trump Campaign Press Release - Trump Campaign Announces Evangelical Executive Advisory Board Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/318555