Romney Campaign Press Release - The Romney Agenda. Strong. New. Leadership.
Protecting Our Children:
Governor Romney Proposed A "One-Strike, You're Ours" Law For Those Convicted Of Preying On Children Using The Internet. We need new, tougher federal penalties for first-time offenders who use the Internet to sexually assault children, including stiff mandatory jail time to be followed by lifetime tracking by Global Positioning Satellite (GPS).
- Read A Statement From Massachusetts Law Enforcement In Support Of "One Strike, You're Ours."
- Listen To Michigan Oakland County Sheriff Mike Bouchard Endorse "One Strike, You're Ours."
Governor Romney Will Enforce Our Nation's Obscenity Laws. We need to require the Department of Justice to enforce our existing federal obscenity laws.
Governor Romney Will Punish And Fine Retailers For Selling Excessively Violent And Sexually Explicit Video Games To Minors. While the current system of voluntary self-regulation of video games has improved, we still need to do more to protect our children.
Governor Romney Will Work To Prevent Pornography From Reaching Children On Their Computers. Governor Romney will work with computer and software companies to ensure that every home computer has effective software to filter out unwanted pornography.
- Read Governor Romney's Full Plan To Protect Our Children.
- Read Governor Romney's Initiative To Guard Our Children On Their Computers.
- Watch Governor Romney Discuss The Need To Guard Our Children While They Use Their Computers.
A Real Tax-Free Savings Program For Middle-Income Americans:
Governor Romney: "[Y]ou ought to be able to save your money and you ought to have a special tax rate [on your savings]... the tax rate ought to be absolutely zero. ... [Edwards is] going to announce today that he's in favor of a plan that let's you save $250 tax free. That's not going to pay for college, or retirement, or a car - maybe a bike..." (Gov. Mitt Romney, Delivered Remarks, Des Moines, IA, 7/26/07)
- Watch Governor Romney Discuss The Edwards Tax Increase Plan.
- Read About Governor Romney's Vision For Lower Taxes And Tax-Free Savings.
Unlike Senator Barack Obama (D-IL), Governor Romney Will Not Meet With Some Of The World's Worst Dictators. "Romney says Obama was wrong to say he'd meet with the leaders of Iran, Syria and North Korea. 'The president of the United States does not bestow our dignity and the power of our reputation around the world around those people,' Romney says. 'It's a remarkable difference if a Democratic president like Barack Obama were running this country.'" (O. Kay Henderson, "Romney Sides With Clinton In Foreign Policy Spat," Radio Iowa, 7/26/07)
- Read Governor Romney's Statement On The Democrat Debate And Senator Obama.
- Read The Romney Vision In Response To The Democrat Debate.
Mitt Romney, Romney Campaign Press Release - The Romney Agenda. Strong. New. Leadership. Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/297041