Readout of the President's Meeting with U.S. Black Chambers, Inc.
Today, the White House Office of Public Engagement and National Economic Council hosted the U.S. Black Chambers, Inc. (USBC) to discuss Bidenomics, the President's plan to grow the economy from the middle out and the bottom up, including efforts to expand economic access and opportunity for Black communities.
During the meeting, President Biden stopped by for a surprise visit to thank the group of over 80 leaders for their continued partnership. He went on to highlight historic changes in the economic direction of our country, including unprecedented job creation, the lowest Black unemployment rate on record and the highest Black labor force participation rate since August 2008.
The President emphasized that, despite the progress being made, there is still work to be done to ensure equitable growth and wealth creation for communities of color.
Biden-Harris Administration officials followed up by emphasizing the Administration's commitment to creating and promoting sustainable economic growth and inclusive wealth building. They also provided updates on efforts to advance access to capital, increase government contracting for Black entrepreneurs and continue implementation of the President's equity policy agenda.
- The President of the United States
- Pete Buttigieg, Secretary of the Department of Transportation
- Neera Tanden, Assistant to the President and Domestic Policy Advisor
- Gene Sperling, Senior Advisor to the President and White House American Rescue Plan Coordinator
- Joelle Gamble, Deputy Assistant to the President and Deputy Director of the White House National Economic Council
- Carmel Martin, Deputy Assistant to President and Domestic Policy Advisor to the Vice President
- Tara Murray, Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Director of the White House Office of Public Engagement
- Janis Bowdler, Counselor for Racial Equity, Department of the Treasury
- Deidra Henry-Spires, Senior Advisor to the Administrator, Small Business Administration
Joseph R. Biden, Readout of the President's Meeting with U.S. Black Chambers, Inc. Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/363339