Press Release - Readout of President-Elect Donald J. Trump's Meeting with Tech Leaders
(New York, NY) - President-elect Donald J. Trump today met with more than a dozen of the greatest tech leaders in the country to begin a conversation and partnership in order to spark innovation and create more jobs in the U.S., particularly for working Americans.
In addition to the private sector leaders in attendance, the President-elect was joined by Vice President-elect Mike Pence, Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump, Peter Thiel, Reince Priebus, Steve Bannon, Wilbur Ross, Gary Cohn and Stephen Miller. During the meeting the President-elect discussed a wide range of issues impacting both American workers and American companies, including specific innovative solutions that have been blocked by narrow thinking in Washington.
The President-elect expressed an open mind and willingness to listen, which was greatly received by the industry leaders in attendance.
During the Tech Summit, the following topics were discussed:
- Creating more jobs for American workers
- Climinating barriers preventing American companies from doing business in other countries
- America's competitive trade dynamic and market access with China
- Cutting taxes
- Repatriation of American profits kept overseas by prohibitive tax rates
- Improving our physical and digital infrastructures
- Protecting our intellectual property rights
- Improving America's cybersecurity
- Updating our government software systems
- Technology in schools,
- The need for greater vocational education opportunities
- Reducing bureaucracy
- Introducing greater accountability in the government procurement process.
The leaders in attendance also praised the ingenuity and energy of the American workforce, and President-elect Trump suggested reconvening the tech leaders again in the future, perhaps as frequently as every quarter.
Tech leaders in attendance included:
- Jeff Bezos, Amazon
- Safra Catz, Oracle
- Tim Cook, Apple
- Alex Karp, Palantir
- Brian Krzanich, Intel
- Elon Musk, Tesla
- Satya Nadella, Microsoft
- Larry Page, Google
- Chuck Robbins, Cisco
- Ginni Rometty, IBM
- Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook
- Eric Schmidt, Google
Donald J. Trump, Press Release - Readout of President-Elect Donald J. Trump's Meeting with Tech Leaders Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/320015