ICYMI: White House Senior Advisor Gene Sperling Met with Nation's Mayors to Discuss American Rescue Plan Implementation
WASHINGTON— Yesterday, Gene Sperling, White House American Rescue Plan Coordinator and Senior Advisor to President Biden, and Jacob Leibenluft, Counselor to the Secretary of the U.S. Department of the Treasury met virtually with a bipartisan delegation from the U.S. Conference of Mayors (USCM) to discuss the details of the $65.1 billion program that was enacted in the American Rescue Plan for all U.S. cities.
Mayors discussed the universal challenges currently facing cities and asked questions about the timeline and rulemaking process for funding allocation, highlighting how critical efficient implementation of the American Rescue Plan is to recovery efforts already underway in their cities. Mayors also thanked the administration for its commitment to working with local officials to drive America's economic recovery now and into the future.
Participants in the meeting included:
- White House American Rescue Plan Coordinator and Senior Advisor to President Biden Gene Sperling
- Counselor to the Secretary of Treasury Jacob Leibenluft
- Senior Advisor to White House Office of Intergovernmental Affairs Lukas McGowan
- Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer – USCM President
- Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley – USCM Vice President
- Arlington (TX) Mayor Jeff Williams – Chair, USCM Metro Economies Standing Committee
- Tom Cochran – USCM CEO & Executive Director
Joseph R. Biden, ICYMI: White House Senior Advisor Gene Sperling Met with Nation's Mayors to Discuss American Rescue Plan Implementation Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/349467