Harris Campaign Press Release - Kamala Harris Picks Up New Nevada Endorsements Following Dominating Debate Performance
"There is no one I trust more than Senator Harris to go toe-to-toe in a debate on the issues against Donald Trump."
In the wake of her commanding performance in Thursday night's debate, Senator Kamala Harris continues to build support in Nevada, earning eight new endorsements from elected officials and community leaders. Kamala's latest endorsers include Clark County Commissioner Justin Jones, community advocate Jennifer Lopez and African-American community leader and member of Links Inc. and Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. LeVerne Kelly. Kamala boasts the most Nevada endorsers of all the 2020 Democratic candidates -- 74 percent are people of color, 58 percent are women, and 16 percent are LGBTQ.
"Senator Kamala Harris has been a lifelong champion for all Americans, and especially those least able to fight for themselves," said Clark County Commissioner Justin Jones. "She's proven that she is not afraid to take on tough issues -- including fighting climate change, protecting public lands, and enacting background checks on all gun sales --with both tenacity and compassion. And there is no one I trust more than Senator Harris to go toe-to-toe in a debate on the issues against Donald Trump. That's why today I'm proud to endorse Senator Kamala Harris for President."
"Senator Kamala Harris is the best person to lead our country because of her credentials at every level of government and lifelong record strengthening middle class families," said Jennifer Lopez, community advocate. "She's not afraid to fight for what's right and stand up to bullies. From protecting human tracking survivors, defending immigrant rights, and uplifting women's voices, this ground-breaking leader has always advocated for equality."
"Kamala Harris is an intelligent, experienced woman of character, truth, and dignity -- that's why I'm proud to endorse her for president!" said LeVerne Kelly, African-American community leader and member of Links Inc. and Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Full list of Nevadans endorsing Kamala today:
- Clark County Commissioner Justin Jones
- Jennifer Lopez, community advocate
- LeVerne Kelly, African-American community leader and member of Links Inc. and Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Al B Sure, R&B singer and songwriter
- Alex Dixon, former president of the Las Vegas Urban League Young Professionals
- Francisco Aguilar, Las Vegas attorney and entrepreneur
- Nancy Ayala, Las Vegas attorney
- Brian Ayala, Las Vegas small business owner
Previously announced Nevadans endorsing Kamala Harris:
- State Sen. Pat Spearman
- Gerri Schroder, former Henderson City councilwoman
- Chris Miller, former chairman of the Clark County Democratic Party
- Tanya Flanagan, African-American community leader and fellow Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. sister
- Helen Foley, former Nevada State Senator
- Rev. Leonard Jackson, African-American community leader
- Rose McKinney James, clean energy leader
- Lesley Miller, former board member of Nevadans for Background Checks
- Stephanie Pizzoferrato, public school teacher and gun violence survivor
- Sanje Sedera, founder and former president of the Asian American & Pacific Islander (AAPI) Democratic Caucus of Clark County
- Janet Serial, chair of the Black Caucus of Washoe County and fellow Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. sister
Kamala Harris, Harris Campaign Press Release - Kamala Harris Picks Up New Nevada Endorsements Following Dominating Debate Performance Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/365314