Fact Sheet - President Trump Is Working To Ensure That Every American Has Access To Better Healthcare At Lower Cost
February 04, 2020
EXPANDING OPTIONS AND EMPOWERING PATIENTS: President Donald J. Trump is empowering patients and providing access to quality, affordable healthcare options.
- While Congressional Democrats have proposed a radical government takeover of your healthcare, the President is empowering patients and expanding affordable options for all.
- The Administration increased the availability of short-term, limited duration plans, providing options that can be up to 60 percent cheaper than Obamacare plans.
- The Administration's expansion of Health Reimbursement Arrangements will give millions of Americans more options to select a health plan that meets their needs.
- The President is working to expand Association Health Plans, which will make it easier for employers to join together and provide affordable coverage to their employees.
- The Administration has taken action to improve transparency in healthcare prices, encourage competition, lower costs, and put patients in charge.
- President Trump will always protect patients with pre-existing conditions.
- The President has challenged Congress to pass legislation ending the outrageous practice of surprise medical billing.
DRIVING DOWN DRUG PRICES: President Trump is working to drive down prescription drug prices for all Americans.
- President Trump has taken decisive action to lower drug prices for American patients, resulting in declines after years of rising prices.
- President Trump is challenging Congressional Democrats to come to the table and help find a bipartisan solution to continue lowering drug prices for American patients.
- The Trump Administration announced a plan to allow the safe and legal importation of drugs from Canada.
- The Administration approved a record number of affordable generic drugs last year for the third consecutive year.
IMPROVING CARE FOR ALL: American patients deserve access to high quality and innovative care, and President Trump is working to make sure they have it.
- President Trump has taken action to help Americans struggling with addiction, increasing funding for opioid and pain research and expanding treatment resources.
- Drug overdose deaths declined in 2018 for the first time in nearly 30 years.
- President Trump launched a plan to end the HIV epidemic in America within 10 years.
- President Trump has worked to increase Alzheimer's and child cancer research funding.
- The President launched an initiative to improve treatment options for patients with kidney disease and expand access to lifesaving transplants.
- The President has taken action to protect and improve Medicare for our seniors.
- Medicare Advantage premiums have declined 28% under President Trump.
- The President signed an Executive Order to help modernize influenza vaccines.
- President Trump is making access to mental health treatment a priority of his Administration.
- The President signed Right to Try legislation, giving terminally ill patients the chance to explore innovative treatment options.
Donald J. Trump, Fact Sheet - President Trump Is Working To Ensure That Every American Has Access To Better Healthcare At Lower Cost Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/340172