Fact Sheet - President Donald J. Trump Will Promote Worldwide Economic Growth and Prosperity at the G20 Summit
GROWING THE WORLD ECONOMY: At the G20 Summit, President Donald J. Trump will encourage others to follow the United States' pro-growth, pro-jobs, and pro-innovation example.
- America's economic revival under President Trump serves as an example for how other nations can achieve growth.
- Pro-growth policies, like our tax reform, have added millions of new jobs, brought back our manufacturing sector, and restored confidence in the American economy.
- The United States prospers when the world economy is growing – ensuring strong and stable markets for American goods and services.
- Countries should focus on implementing pro-growth policies that will help spur their economies, such as reforming their tax laws, cutting regulations, and fostering currency stability.
- Additionally, nations can better unlock their full economic potential by investing in training to upskill and reskill workers for high-demand industries.
ACHIEVING FAIR AND RECIPROCAL TRADE: President Trump is committed to promoting fair and reciprocal trade.
- The President's commitment to promoting free, fair, and reciprocal trade deals is a key component of his pro-jobs, pro-growth strategy.
- President Trump is working to open new markets for American goods and services, while ensuring any deal is enforceable and creates a level playing field for our workers and companies.
- The United States is working with allies and partners to confront unfair trade practices, including intellectual property theft, unfair labor practices, and forced technology transfer.
- President Trump will encourage our allies and partners to lower tariff and non-tariff barriers to free, fair, and reciprocal trade.
- The United States is urging reforms and modernizations to the World Trade Organization (WTO), while making sure the WTO functions as originally intended.
ENCOURAGING INNOVATION: President Trump is committed to encouraging growth in the digital marketplace and supporting emerging technologies in order to promote future prosperity.
- Emerging technologies, like artificial intelligence, have the potential to make a positive, meaningful impact on living standards and productivity for the United States and the world.
- Recognizing the importance of these technologies, President Trump signed an executive order earlier this year on maintaining leadership in artificial intelligence.
- Overly burdensome regulations can stifle innovation and limit the potential of these transformative technologies to fuel economic growth.
- To that end, the United States is committed to promoting innovation-friendly policies that support growth in the digital economy and pave the way for technological innovation.
- The United States urges members of the G20 to work together to advance an open, fair, market-based digital economy, which will benefit all our nations through the free flow of data.
PROMOTING ENERGY DEVELOPMENT: President Trump will use the G20 Summit to advance his "all-of-the-above" approach to energy development.
- Access to affordable and reliable energy is central to President Trump's agenda for growing the American economy and promoting prosperity across the world.
- At the G20, we will seek recognition for the role that all sources of energy play in promoting economic growth, energy security, and energy access, while supporting a healthy environment.
- Under President Trump, the United States has become the world's largest producer of both oil and natural gas, while growing our economy and protecting our environment.
- The United States energy and environmental record is one of the strongest in the world.
- The President is also promoting investment in energy technologies – like Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) – and high-quality infrastructure as key aspects of energy development.
- The United States now exports LNG to 35 countries across five continents, 16 of which have been added during the Trump Administration.
EMPOWERING WOMEN AROUND THE GLOBE: President Trump understands that empowering women is smart economic and security policy.
- Empowering women to participate in the world economy is vital to economic prosperity, national security, and global stability.
- The United States is committed to eliminating legal and cultural barriers that are holding women back from full and free participation in their local economies.
- Countries should recognize that stability is only realized when women and men alike are able to participate economically and politically at all levels.
- The Trump Administration is helping to lead this drive through our Women's Global Development and Prosperity (W-GDP) Initiative.
- President Trump launched this landmark Initiative in February 2019, which seeks to economically empower 50 million women across the developing world by 2025.
SUPPORTING SMART DEVELOPMENT WORLDWIDE: President Trump supports the use of transparent, accountable, and market-based financial development principles.
- President Trump is committed to spurring the private sector to produce more sustainable economic development around the world.
- Sustainable, private-sector-led economic development provides a strong alternative to state-directed initiatives that come with many strings attached.
- The United States remains committed to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development's (OECD) process on taxation.
- The United States condemns the efforts of those that are undermining the OECD process by taking unilateral action to tax digital companies.
- The President is supporting efforts to combat corruption and increase transparency among our allies and partners.
- Countries should level the playing field for development by adopting and enforcing strong anti-corruption laws.
- The United States supports efforts by the G20 to promote a transparent, responsible, and sustainable approach to infrastructure development financing that does not saddle developing countries with crippling debt.
Donald J. Trump, Fact Sheet - President Donald J. Trump Will Promote Worldwide Economic Growth and Prosperity at the G20 Summit Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/334476