Fact Sheet - President Donald J. Trump Is Unleashing America's 5G Potential
FREEING UP RESOURCES: President Donald J. Trump is taking decisive action to release more spectrum for commercial use, strengthening the United States' leadership in 5G communications.
- At the President's direction, the Administration announced that 100 megahertz of contiguous, coast-to-coast mid-band spectrum will be made available for commercial 5G deployment.
- This spectrum will give Americans access to the greatest 5G networks in the world, leading to cutting-edge innovation, economic prosperity, and strong national security.
- The American wireless industry will be able to build and operate 5G networks nationwide using the 3.45-3.55 GHz band.
- Through collaboration with the Department of Defense, the Administration has worked carefully to ensure commercial use of this critically-needed mid-band spectrum does not compromise military preparedness or national security.
- President Trump's commitment to strengthening the United States' leadership in 5G communications is vital to ensuring the security and prosperity of the American people.
LEADING THE WORLD IN 5G READINESS: This action builds on President Trump's record of success in ensuring that the United States is the global leader in 5G readiness.
- President Trump and his Administration have taken strong action to remove unnecessary regulatory barriers to 5G infrastructure buildout, helping secure America's place as the world's leader in 5G readiness.
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has freed up more than 5,000 megahertz of spectrum for 5G – far more than any other country in the world – and has also taken action to streamline the permitting process for 5G infrastructure with State and local governments.
- President Trump's historic tax cuts and deregulatory actions have created incentives for the wireless industry to invest in 5G technology, leading to millions of new American jobs.
- To ensure that our networks are secure, President Trump signed legislation to protect our Nation's 5G and wireless networks from untrusted companies and foreign adversaries.
- Thanks to the President's actions, more than 250 million Americans can already access operational 5G networks.
PROTECTING OUR FUTURE: Developing our Nation's 5G capabilities is part of President Trump's commitment to protecting America's technology and defending our freedom in cyberspace.
- In March, President Trump issued the National Strategy to Secure 5G, which outlined his vision for America to lead the development, deployment, and management of secure and reliable 5G communications infrastructure worldwide.
- In 2018, President Trump unveiled our Nation's first cyber strategy in 15 years, which includes facilitating the evolution and security of 5G.
- President Trump signed the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency Act, helping to equip our Nation in confronting the full range of cyber threats we face.
- In 2017, President Trump issued an Executive Order to strengthen the cybersecurity of Federal networks and our critical infrastructure.
Donald J. Trump, Fact Sheet - President Donald J. Trump Is Unleashing America's 5G Potential Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/343356