Fact Sheet - President Donald J. Trump Remains Committed to Expanding Energy Production and Increasing Manufacturing in the United States
ENERGY AND MANUFACTURING VICTORIES: President Donald J. Trump's policies have paved the way to energy dominance and rejuvenated United States manufacturing.
- Today, President Trump visited the Pennsylvania Shell ethylene cracker plant to demonstrate his continued commitment to United States energy and manufacturing.
- Under the Trump Administration, burdensome regulations that unfairly punished the energy industry have been replaced, initiating a great increase in American energy production.
- President Trump withdrew from the awful Paris Climate Agreement and helped the coal industry by ending oppressive regulations such as the Clean Power Plan.
- The Administration expanded energy production through the approval of oil pipelines and by unlocking America's abundant natural resources.
- Onerous regulations on American manufacturers have also been removed, allowing manufacturers to focus on production, expand their operations, and hire more employees.
- Fewer regulations combined with lower energy costs have led to the current American manufacturing boom.
AMERICAN ENERGY DOMINANCE: President Trump's policies have allowed American energy production and exports to soar to new heights.
- By 2020, the United States is expected to export more energy than it imports for the first time since 1953.
- The United States is now the largest crude oil producer in the world, with production breaking a nearly 50-year-old record in 2018.
- Crude oil production grew by nearly 20 percent in 2018, reaching a total of 10.96 million barrels per day.
- The United States is trending towards becoming a net exporter of oil and refined fuels.
- Coal exports have risen more than 90 percent since 2016, increasing every year since President Trump took office.
- Today, the United States is the world's top producer of petroleum and natural gas.
- American exports of liquefied natural gas (LNG) to the European Union (EU) reached an all-time high in March 2019.
- The EU aims to more than double the level of LNG imports per year from the United States by 2023.
MANUFACTURING BOOM: President Trump's pro-American agenda has allowed United States manufacturing to boom for the first time in decades.
- Since President Trump took office, American manufacturing has added a total of 523,000 jobs, compared to the 287,000 created during Obama's last three years in office.
- The 264,000 manufacturing jobs created in 2018 was the most since 1997.
- In 2018, manufacturing optimism reached a record high.
- Eighty-five percent of blue-collar workers believe their lives are heading in a positive direction.
- Blue-collar wages have increased substantially, with workers on track to receive an additional $2,700 in annual wages, on average.
Donald J. Trump, Fact Sheet - President Donald J. Trump Remains Committed to Expanding Energy Production and Increasing Manufacturing in the United States Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/334113