Fact Sheet - President Donald J. Trump Is Rebuilding Our Military And Protecting America's Interests Abroad
- President Trump knows that the world needs a strong and respected America in order to achieve peace.
- The President has made it a priority to carry out a historic rebuilding of our Nation's defense, securing nearly $2.2 trillion in funding during his first three years in office.
- This includes $738 billion secured for fiscal year 2020 alone.
- The President is supporting our troops, providing the largest military pay raise in a decade.
- President Trump worked with Congress to establish the Space Force, the first new branch of the military since the 1940s.
COMBATING TERROR: President Trump has taken bold and decisive action to confront the threat of terrorism and protect American lives.
- Under President Trump's leadership, the ISIS territorial caliphate was destroyed.
- The President directed a daring nighttime operation that brought ISIS leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi to justice.
- The President ordered a decisive strike against Qassem Soleimani – a terrorist responsible for the deaths and wounding of thousands of Americans.
STANDING UP FOR FREEDOM: President Trump has stood up for freedom around the world.
- President Trump has stood with the Venezuelan people as they have faced horrific oppression and violence under the illegitimate Maduro dictatorship.
- The Trump Administration has enacted crippling sanctions on Maduro, his Cuban sponsors, and his cronies, cutting off their financial resources.
- President Trump responded to the Venezuelan people's fight for democracy and led an international coalition to recognize Juan Guaido as the legitimate interim president.
- President Trump has spoken out in support of the proud Iranians raising their voices against oppression by the brutal regime.
- President Trump has put in place a maximum pressure campaign of sanctions on the Iranian regime, which will stay in place until it changes its behavior.
PURSUING PEACE: President Trump is working to put a stop to the endless wars and make the world a more peaceful and prosperous place for all.
- From the Korean Peninsula to the Middle East, and to the Balkans, the Trump Administration is pursuing the spread of peace.
- Rather than recycling the failed strategies of the past, the President released a bold and ambitious vision for peace between Israel and the Palestinians.
- In Afghanistan, the Trump Administration is engaged in peace talks to finally end America's longest war.
- President Trump will not allow America to be dragged into another endless war, and remains determined to bring our troops home while keeping America safe.
Donald J. Trump, Fact Sheet - President Donald J. Trump Is Rebuilding Our Military And Protecting America's Interests Abroad Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/340134