Fact Sheet - President Donald J. Trump is Promoting Peace and Stability in the Middle East
SECURING HISTORIC AGREEMENTS: President Donald J. Trump hosted the official signing ceremony for the historic peace agreements between Israel and Arab nations.
- Today, President Trump presided over the signing ceremony at the White House to establish the foundation of the peace agreement between Israel and the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.).
- Bahrain also accepted the President's invitation to participate in the ceremony, following their agreement with Israel last week.
- In August, the President secured an agreement to normalize relations between the U.A.E. and Israel – the first such agreement between Israel and a major Arab country since 1994.
- The countries have committed to the exchange of embassies and ambassadors, and to begin cooperation across a broad range of fields including education, healthcare, trade, and security.
- This deal is only the beginning of normalized relations between Israel and its neighbors, with many more likely to come.
PROMOTING PEACE AND SECURITY: These agreements are leading to peace between Israel and the Middle East, as well as increased security in the region.
- The deal between Israel and the U.A.E. will strengthen peace in the region by giving Muslims increased access to the Al Aqsa Mosque for peaceful prayer.
- This will counter the extremists who use the false narrative that the Al Aqsa Mosque is under attack and that Muslims cannot pray at this holy site.
- The Israel-Bahrain agreement further enhances the security of both nations while creating opportunities for them to deepen their economic ties.
- Both agreements are a result of President Trump's efforts to rebuild trust with our regional partners and move them away from conflicts of the past.
- Thanks to the President's bold foreign policy vision and his deal-making ability, nations across the region are realizing the benefits of his thoughtful approach.
FACILITATING A REGIONAL TRANSFORMATION: President Trump's policies are leading to the most rapid geopolitical transformation of the Arab world in more than a generation.
- President Trump has fully rejected the failed foreign policy approaches of the past that helped stoke division and did nothing to prevent conflict in the Middle East.
- Thanks to President Trump's leadership, the nations across the Middle East and Africa are increasingly working together to build a more peaceful and prosperous future.
- Normalized relations will accelerate growth and economic opportunity across the region by expanding business and financial ties.
- The agreements with Bahrain and the U.A.E. will help to advance President Trump's vision for finding a fair and lasting peace between Israel and the Palestinians.
- The United States will continue to stand with the people of the region as they work to build a brighter, more hopeful future.
Donald J. Trump, Fact Sheet - President Donald J. Trump is Promoting Peace and Stability in the Middle East Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/343789