Executive Order 9913—Terminating the Office of Scientific Research and Development and Providing for the Completion of Its Liquidation
By virtue of the authority vested in me by Title I of the First Supplemental Surplus Appropriation Rescission Act, 1946 (60 Stat. 13), and the Supplemental Appropriation Act, 1948 (Public Law 271, 80th Congress) and as President of the United States, it is hereby ordered, in the interest of the internal management of the Government, as follows:
1. The Office of Scientific Research and Development in the Office for Emergency Management of the Executive Office of the President, established by Executive Order No. 8807 of June 28, 1941, is hereby terminated.
2. All personnel, property, contracts, records, and funds of the Office of Scientific Research and Development and all functions, powers, duties, rights, privileges, and authority of the said Office and of its Director, are hereby transferred to the National Military Establishment for the purpose of completing the liquidation of all the affairs of the Office of Scientific Research and Development.
3. Such further measures and dispositions as may be determined by the Director of the Bureau of the Budget to be necessary to effectuate the transfers provided for in this order shall be carried out in such manner as the Director of the Bureau of the Budget may direct and by such agencies as he may designate.
4. This order supersedes all prior Executive orders to the extent that they are in conflict with this order.
5. This order shall become effective at the close of business on December 31, 1947.
HARRY S. TRUMAN
THE WHITE HOUSE,
December 26, 1947
Harry S Truman, Executive Order 9913—Terminating the Office of Scientific Research and Development and Providing for the Completion of Its Liquidation Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/278236