Executive Order 9577—Terminating the War Food Administration and Transferring Its Functions to the Secretary of Agriculture
By virtue of the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and laws of the United States, including Title I of the First War Powers Act, 1941 (55 Stat. 838), it is ordered as follows:
1. The War Food Administration and the office of War Food Administrator, established by Executive Order No. 9334 of April 19, 1943, are hereby terminated.
2. The functions, duties, and powers of the War Food Administrator, including but not limited to those vested in the Administrator by Executive Orders No. 9334 of April 19, 1943, as amended, No. 9385 of October 6, 1943, No. 9401 of December 7, 1943, No. 9418 of January 29, 1944, and No. 9534 of April 3, 1945, are hereby transferred to, and shall be exercised and performed by, the Secretary of Agriculture.
3. The records, property, personnel, funds, and agencies of the War Food Administration are hereby placed under the jurisdiction and control of the Secretary of Agriculture. The agencies of the War Food Administration shall, consistent with applicable law, be organized as administered in such manner as the Secretary of Agriculture may deem desirable.
4. The Secretary of Agriculture shall have, and may exercise to such extent and subject to such conditions as he shall determine, (a) all powers of delegation vested in the War Food Administrator, including but not limited to those specified in paragraph 9 of Executive Order No. 9280 of December 5, 1942, and (b) the authority to confer upon any person or persons to whom he may make delegations hereunder, the power to make further delegations to any person or persons in the Department of Agriculture.
5. All orders, directives, rules, and regulations relating to any matter within the scope of the authority of the War Food Administrator which are in effect of the effective date of this order shall continue in full force and effect unless and until modified or revoked by the Secretary of Agriculture or at his direction or under his authorization.
6. All prior Executive orders in conflict with this order are hereby amended to the extent of such conflict.
7. This order shall take effect at the close of business on June 30, 1945.
HARRY S. TRUMAN
THE WHITE HOUSE,
June 29, 1945
Harry S. Truman, Executive Order 9577—Terminating the War Food Administration and Transferring Its Functions to the Secretary of Agriculture Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/278047