Executive Order 10787—Transferring Jurisdiction Over Certain Lands From the Department of Agriculture to the Department of the Interior, for Use, Administration, or Exchange Under the Taylor Grazing Act and Other Statutes
By virtue of the authority vested in me by section 32 (c) of Title III of the Bankhead-Jones Farm Tenant Act, approved July 22, 1937 (50 Stat. 522, 525; 7 U.S.C. 1011 (c)), and as President of the United States, and upon the recommendation of the Secretary of Agriculture, it is ordered as follows:
Subject to valid existing rights, jurisdiction over the lands, to the extent indicated, in the following-described areas acquired or in the process of acquisition by the Secretary of Agriculture under the provisions of section 32 of the BankheadJones Farm Tenant Act (7 U.S.C. 1011), or transferred to the Secretary of Agriculture for use, administration, and disposition in accordance with the provisions of Title III of that act, together with title and use records, water or water rights, improvements, appurtenances, and structures acquired, constructed, or used in connection with the use and administration of such lands, is hereby transferred from the Department of Agriculture to the Department of the Interior for use, administration, or exchange under the applicable provisions of the Taylor Grazing Act (48 Stat. 1269), as amended, the Coordination and Conservation Act of March 10, 1934 (48 Stat. 401), as amended, or the Migratory Bird Conservation Act (45 Stat. 1222), as amended, or under the general land-management authority of the Secretary of the Interior as the Secretary shall determine, including the authority to grant licenses and easements upon such terms as he may deem reasonable: Provided, that twenty-five per cent of the net revenues received by the Secretary of the Interior from grazing and other uses of the transferred lands shall continue to be paid to the counties in which such lands are located for the purposes specified in section 33 of the Bankhead-Jones Farm Tenant Act (7 U.S.C. 1012) in lieu of payments therefrom to the States or counties at the rates specified in section 10 of the Taylor Grazing Act (43 U.S.C. 315 i) or in any other act under which the transferred lands will be used and administered under this order: And provided further, that the transfer of jurisdiction over those lands that are in process of acquisition shall take effect upon the completion of acquisition thereof by the Secretary of Agriculture:
All lands administered under Title III of the Bankhead-Jones Farm Tenant Act in connection with the following-described Land Utilization project, exclusive of the area excepted therefrom:
SAN JOAQUIN PROJECT (CF-LU-21), Tulare County, except all of section 5 and the E1/211% section 6, Township 23 South, Range 24 East, Mount Diablo Meridian, the excepted area containing approximately 800 acres, and the area over which jurisdiction Is transferred containing approximately 4,357 acres.
All lands administered under Title III of the Bankhead-Jones Farm Tenant Act in connection with the following-described Land Utilization projects:
1. BUFFALO CREEK PROJECT (MT-L13-23), Yellowstone County, containing approximately 73,717 acres.
2. CENTRAL MONTANA PROJECT (MT-L11-22), Fergus County, containing approximately 103.108 acres.
3. KINSEY LAND USE PROJECT (MT-LIT-24), Custer County, containing approximately 15,674 acres.
4. LOWER YELLOWSTONE PROJECT (MT-LU-4), Prairie County, containing approximately 391,933 acres.
5. MILK RIVER LAND PROJECT (MTLU-2), Blaine, Phillips, and Valley Counties, containing approximately 953,347 acres.
G. MUSSELSHELL PROJECT (MT-LU-3), Musselshell and Petroleum Counties, containing approximately 268,309 acres.
7. SOUTHEAST MONTANA PROJECT (MTLU-21), Custer and Fallon Counties, containing approximately 129,785 acres.
To the extent indicated, the lands administered under Title III of the Bankhead-Jones Farm Tenant Act in connection with the following-described Land Utilization projects:
1. HOPE LAND PROJECT (NM-LU-4), Eddy County, all lands comprising the said project, approximately 12,773 scree.
2. CUBA-RIO PUERCO PROJECT (NM-LU-22), Sandoval and McKinley Counties, except the NE 1/4 NE 1/4, section 19, and the NW 1/4, NW 1/4 NE 1/4, section 20, Township 21 North, Range 1 West, New Mexico Principal Meridian, and that portion of the Espiritu Santo Grant covered by the act of August 2, 1958, 70 Stat. 941, the area over which jurisdiction is transferred containing approximately 193,350 acres.
3. NORTHERN NEW MEXICO GRANT LANDS PROJECT (NM-LU-25), Rio Arriba and Taos Counties, those parts of the said project described as follows:
(a) The westerly two-thirds of the Sebastian Martin Grant, the east boundary being a line that would be a northerly extension of the westerly boundary of that portion of the Carson National Forest as it exists immediately to the south of the Grant; and
(b) T. 21 N., R. 7 E., New Mexico Principal Meridian
Section 15; S 1/2;
Section 29; N 1/2 SW 1/4;
Section 30; S 1/2;
Section 32; NW 1/4;
containing approximately 32,880 acres.
All lands administered under Title III of the Bankhead-Jones Farm Tenant Act in connection with the following-described Land Utilization project:
TIERRA BLANCA PROJECT (TX-LU-21), Randall County, containing approximately 7,677 acres.
DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER
THE WHITE HOUSE,
November 6, 1958.
Dwight D. Eisenhower, Executive Order 10787—Transferring Jurisdiction Over Certain Lands From the Department of Agriculture to the Department of the Interior, for Use, Administration, or Exchange Under the Taylor Grazing Act and Other Statutes Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/306730