Biden Campaign Press Release - Joe Biden Wins Support of 20 More Ohio Leaders
Today, Biden for President announced endorsements from 20 current and former elected officials and community leaders from across Ohio – a critical swing state that Joe Biden's experience, strong record of progressive accomplishments, and ability to unify the country have best positioned him to win.
Today's supporters include former longtime Ohio Congressman Edward Feighan and a group of influential mayors and city officials. They join 19 other Ohio state legislators and community leaders who backed Joe ahead of the fourth Democratic debate last month.
"We are proud to earn the trust and support of these respected leaders who are supporting Joe as he fights to rebuild the middle class, champion the dignity of work, and stand with union members and their families," said Greg Schultz, Campaign Manager, Biden for President. "As a native Buckeye, I know that all eyes turn to Ohio during the election, and our campaign intends to compete for every vote and make Donald Trump a one-term president. Ohioans know that we need a leader who can not only go toe-to-toe with Trump in crucial battleground states like Ohio, but who can beat him like a drum. That leader is Joe Biden."
Today's new endorsements include:
- Edward Feighan, former Congressman
- Tito Brown, Mayor of Youngstown
- Dave Betras, former Mahoning County Democratic Party Chair
- Brian Brochetti, Parma City Councilmember
- Mark Casselberry, Majority Leader, Parma City Council
- Jeff Crossman, State Representative
- Brian Day, Parma City Auditor
- Tim DeGeeter, Mayor of Parma
- Allan Divis, Parma City Councilmember
- Mary Jo Hudson, former Columbus City Councilmember, former Director of the Ohio Department of Insurance
- Roy Jech, Parma City Councilmember
- Ted Kalo, Lorain Clerk of Courts
- Christopher Liebold, Fremont City Councilmember and Sandusky County Democratic Party Chair
- Tom Mastroianni, Parma City Treasurer
- Larry Napoli, Parma City Councilmember
- Susan Ralph, Upper Arlington City Councilmember
- Kristin Saban, Parma City Councilmember
- Daniel Taralek, Lorain County Treasurer
- Scott Tuma, Cuyahoga County Councilmember
- Marty Vittardi, Parma Clerk of Courts
Biden for President has previously announced more than 550 endorsements from national, state, and local leaders, including current and former U.S. senators and representatives, governors, state elected officials, and community leaders.
Joseph R. Biden, Biden Campaign Press Release - Joe Biden Wins Support of 20 More Ohio Leaders Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/366926