Statement by the Press Secretary
The President today made additional disaster assistance available to the Territory of Guam by authorizing an increase in the level of Federal funding for the recovery from Typhoon Chata'an that struck the area on July 5-6, 2002.
Under the President's major disaster declaration of July 6, 2000, the Federal government is authorized to pay 75 percent of the eligible costs for the Individual and Family Grant, Public Assistance and Hazard Mitigation Grant programs.
The President's order today increases the Federal share for those programs to 90 percent of the eligible costs, with the remaining 10 percent to be provided by the Territory and affected local governments.
The cost-share adjustment is retroactive to the date of the President's major disaster declaration for the Territory of Guam.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: FEMA (202) 646-4600.
George W. Bush, Statement by the Press Secretary Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/279986