Romney Campaign Press Release - Governor Mitt Romney Announces The Maryland Steering Committee
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Romney Press Shop (857) 288-6390
Boston, MA – Today, Governor Mitt Romney announced the Romney for President Maryland Steering Committee. This committee will be chaired by previously announced Romney for President Maryland Co-Chairs Louis Pope and Joyce Terhes. They will be joined by Vice Chairs State Senator Bryan W. Simonaire, State Senator Janet Greenip, and State Senator Alex X. Mooney. Together, these leading conservatives will continue to grow Governor Romney's grassroots support in Maryland by talking to voters about his experience, vision and values to strengthen America's future.
"These Republican leaders share our common vision for a strong America," said Governor Romney. "They understand the importance of keeping taxes low, cutting government spending, defending life and preserving traditional marriage. Together, they will help bring new ideas and strong leadership to Washington and address the issues that matter most to Americans."
State Senator Mooney added, "We support Governor Romney because he has the experience, vision, and values to lead our nation. He will unite the conservative coalition we need to beat Hillary Clinton in 2008 and to win in Maryland."
Romney For President Maryland Steering Committee Chairs:
- Louis Pope – Howard County
- Joyce Terhes – Montgomery County
Romney for President Maryland Steering Committee Vice-Chairs:
- State Senator Bryan W. Simonaire – Anne Arundel County
- State Senator Janet Greenip – Anne Arundel County
- State Senate Minority Whip Allan Kittleman – Howard County
- State Senator Alex X. Mooney – Frederick County
Romney For President Maryland Steering Committee Members:
- Councilman Greg Fox – Howard County
- County Clerk Robert Duckworth – Anne Arundel County
- Delegate Robert McKee – Washington County
- Delegate Tanya Shewell – Carroll County
- Delegate Donna Stifler – Harford County
Mitt Romney, Romney Campaign Press Release - Governor Mitt Romney Announces The Maryland Steering Committee Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/296049