Press Release - New Fox Poll: Hillary Toughest on Terrorism Among Prez Contenders
Majority of general election voters polled say they're comfortable with a potential Hillary presidency
Hillary leads nearest Dem in primary race 43-15
Americans believe that Hillary Clinton would be the toughest on terrorism of all presidential candidates in either party, according to a new Fox News/Opinion Dynamics poll (PDF) out this afternoon.
The poll also shows Clinton opening up a significant lead in the Democratic primary and reveals that a majority of general election voters are comfortable with her in the White House. The poll echoes the trend of recent state and national polls showing Clinton leading in the race for President.
According to the new Fox News/Opinion Dynamics Poll:
- Hillary edges all candidates of either party when voters are asked which one would be toughest on terrorism;
- A majority of those polled (from either party) are "comfortable" with a potential Hillary presidency;
- Hillary leads the primary nearly 3-1, earning the support of 43 percent of self-identified Democrats, compared with 15 percent for the nearest competitor;
- Hillary's share of the primary electorate has jumped 10 points, from 33 percent in the December poll to 43 percent now;
- Hillary's favorability rating is highest of all Democrats and she is the only one of the candidates whose rating went up since the last time it was asked (October).
These polls come on the heels of a recent Newsweek poll showing Hillary leading every Democratic and Republican contender she was matched up against, and a Quinnipiac poll showing her winning Ohio in both a primary and general election.
[Click here] to see entire poll. (PDF)
Hillary Clinton, Press Release - New Fox Poll: Hillary Toughest on Terrorism Among Prez Contenders Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/293226