Press Release - Leading Florida Women Endorse Clinton
Hillary Clinton received the endorsements of leading Florida women officials and community leaders today, illustrating her growing support in the Sunshine State.
"I am pleased to endorse Hillary Clinton for President of the United States," said State Senator Arthenia Joyner. "She has a demonstrated commitment to working on the challenges facing families across America -- challenges like college affordability, access to health care, and the immediate crisis in skyrocketing gas prices."
West Palm Beach Mayor Lois Frankel said Clinton has a unique understanding of the needs of Floridians and their families. "I'm endorsing Hillary Clinton for President because I know her and admire her," Frankel said. "She's been one of Florida's great allies for more than a decade. Nobody understands Floridians, the challenges facing Florida, and the vital importance of Florida to our nation's success better than Hillary Clinton. She is the only candidate ready to lead the country now, without any on-the-job training."
Leading Florida Women Endorsing Hillary Today:
- Lois Frankel, Mayor, West Palm Beach
- Katy Sorenson, Miami-Dade County Commissioner
- Arthenia Joyner, State Senator
- Patricia Ireland, Former President, National Organization of Women
- Anne Gannon, Palm Beach County Tax Collector
- Martha Barnett, Former President, American Bar Association
- Elaine Bloom, Former State Representative
- Evelyn Fine, Daytona Beach Businesswoman
Hillary Clinton, Press Release - Leading Florida Women Endorse Clinton Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/293292