Press Release - ICYMI: Sen. Paul Announces Plan to Defend our Capital
WASHINGTON, D.C. - In case you missed it, earlier today U.S. Senator Rand Paul announced plans to introduce legislation that would remove existing restrictive firearm ownership laws in the District of Columbia, and require the District of Columbia to issue and grant reciprocity for concealed weapons permits for both residents and non-residents.Following this announcement, Sen. Paul issued the statement below:"For too long the Americans who live in and visit their nation's capital have been prevented from defending themselves and their loved ones. No longer should our citizens have to choose between safety or visiting Washington, D.C."
DEFEND OUR CAPITAL ACT of 2015 would...
- - Require the District of Columbia to begin issuing concealed weapons permits for both residents and non-residents.
- - Require the District of Columbia to grant reciprocity of concealed weapons permits issued by other states and commonwealths.
- - Eliminate existing District of Columbia laws that restrict firearms and ammunition ownership.
- - Allow for national reciprocity of conceal and carry weapons permits between states and for carry by active duty military.
- - Allow for the carrying of firearms on public, non-sensitive areas of federal property.
- - Allow for the purchase of firearms across state lines.
Rand Paul, Press Release - ICYMI: Sen. Paul Announces Plan to Defend our Capital Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/316855