Press Release - Grover Norquist: Christie Has Vetoed More Tax Hikes Than Any Other Governor
Today, Governor Christie signed the Taxpayer Protection Pledge to the American people. Building on his record in New Jersey, this pledge is confirmation to the American people he will not raise taxes as President.
Christie's record in New Jersey:
- Six years with no new taxes including repeatedly vetoing income and business tax increases
- $2.3 billion in targeted, job-creating business tax cuts
- Closing $13 billion in combined deficits in his first six months
- Holding discretionary spending $2.3 billion below 2008 levels
- Nearly 9,400 fewer state government employees
- Sweeping pension and benefits reform saving taxpayers over $120 billion
- More pension contributions than any Governor in history - $4.2 billion
- A 2 percent property tax cap resulting in the slowest rise "in more than two decades"
- A cap on arbitration awards to union employees, reining in the cost of government
Read the full Americans for Tax Reform release here.
Chris Christie, Press Release - Grover Norquist: Christie Has Vetoed More Tax Hikes Than Any Other Governor Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/311670