Press Release - Governor Mitt Romney Names Oregon Statewide Finance Committee
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Kevin Madden (857) 288 - 6390
Boston, MA – Governor Mitt Romney today announced the 16 members of the Romney for President Oregon Statewide Finance Committee. The Committee will help Governor Romney raise the resources needed to campaign in Oregon and across the nation.
"I am proud to have the support of so many prominent Oregonians who have graciously offered to lend their talents and experience to my campaign," said Romney. "These leaders recognize that our nation faces a new generation of challenges that will require resolve and a rededication to the conservative principles that have made us strong."
Governor Romney campaigned in Oregon in 2006 while serving as Chairman of the Republican Governors Association. He will return to host a fundraiser in Portland this evening, March 14th.
Background On Oregon Statewide Finance Committee Co-Chairs:
Stephen Babson – Co-Chair: Babson is a partner at Endeavour Capital, a private equity firm headquartered in Lake Oswego.
Kevin Mannix – Co-Chair: Mannix is an attorney in the Salem area. In 2002, he narrowly lost to Ted Kulongoski in what was the closest Oregon gubernatorial election in 100 years. Mannix served as the Chairman of the Oregon Republican Party from 2003-2005.
Ron Saxton – Co-Chair: A native Oregonian, Saxton is an attorney at the Ater Wynne law firm in Portland. In 2006, he ran for Governor of Oregon against Ted Kulongoski.
Peter Stott – Co-Chair: Stott is the Vice Chairman and Principal of the Scanlan Kemper Bard Companies, a real estate merchant banking firm in Portland.
Charles J. "Butch" Swindells – Co-Chair: Swindells is the Vice Chairman of the US Trust Company and a former United States Ambassador to New Zealand.
Members Of Oregon Statewide Finance Committee:
- John Carter, CEO Schnitzer Steel Industries, Portland
- Jim Fitzhenry, SVP Flir Systems, Wilsonville
- Jim Gaffney, Moss Adams, Portland
- Fred Granum, Co-Operations, Portland
- Karen Hinsdale, The Cellar Door, Portland
- Roger Johnson, Coldstream Capital Management, Portland
- Shawn Lindsay, Attorney at Markowitz, Herbold, Glade & Mehlhaf, P.C., Portland
- Jim McCreight, Oregon Entrepreneurs Forum, Portland
- Brendan O'Scannlain, Attorney at Stoel Rives LLP, Portland
- Guy Pope, Columbia Management, Portland
- Chris Shepanek, Oil Can Henry's, Lake Oswego
Mitt Romney, Press Release - Governor Mitt Romney Names Oregon Statewide Finance Committee Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/296602