Press Release - Gov. Perry Announces Puerto Rico Leadership Team for Presidential Campaign
AUSTIN — Texas Gov. Rick Perry today announced key members of his campaign leadership team in Puerto Rico. Jose B. Carrion III will serve as the Perry state network coordinator and chairman of the American territories leadership team, with Puerto Rico Speaker of the House Jenniffer Gonzalez, Elias Behar and Fred Riefkohl serving as co-chairs.
"I am proud to add these key members of my growing campaign bringing my vision to get America working again to Puerto Rico," said Gov. Perry. "We have a strong Puerto Rico team leading our efforts to carry my plans for job creation and fiscal conservatism to the territories."
"Our Puerto Rico team is looking forward to bringing Gov. Perry's fiscally responsible record to our communities," said Carrion. "Gov. Perry is the proven conservative leader our nation needs to turn the economy around, and I am excited to be joining the effort to elect him the next president of our great country."
Gov. Perry also named several individuals to serve on the campaign steering committee in Puerto Rico, including:
- Annie Mayol, president and founder of IMAGEN Strategies; advisor to the governor of Puerto Rico
- Ricardo Aponte Parsi, executive director of the Republican Party of Puerto Rico
- Hon. Lorenzo Gonzalez Feliciano, Puerto Rico Secretary of Health
- Gerardo Martinez, president of Xtrategit
- Daniel Ballori, chairman of the Young Republicans Puerto Rico Chapter
Rick Perry, Press Release - Gov. Perry Announces Puerto Rico Leadership Team for Presidential Campaign Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/298000