Press Release - Edwards Gains Momentum In Ohio
Cleveland, Ohio – As Senator John Edwards visits Cleveland today to participate in the United Steelworkers Presidential Forum, he picked up the support of several prominent Ohio leaders. Fourteen Ohio Democrats are endorsing Edwards as the strongest candidate to put a Democrat back in the White House and the candidate with the boldest plans to build One America, where every person has the chance to work hard and get ahead.
"John Edwards has the vision and the ability to be the next President of the United States," said Mayor of Parma Dean DePiero. "I am confident that he will lead our country in a better direction."
Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Bill Mason endorsed Edwards saying, "Senator Edwards is the best candidate to win the White House in November of 2008. He can end eight long years of Republican rule in our country."
Former State Senator CJ Prentiss endorsed Edwards saying, "Unless somebody understands the dichotomy of the two Americas and articulates a plan to address this issue, that person can never fully represent all Americans as president. John Edwards gets it; John Edwards has put together a plan. I support John Edwards for president in 2008."
The Ohio Democrats endorsing Edwards for President are:
- Former State Senate Minority Leader CJ Prentiss
- Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Bill Mason
- Mayor of Parma Dean DePiero
- State Senator Jason Wilson
- State Representative Matt Barrett
- State Representative Linda Bolon
- State Representative Jennifer Brady
- State Representative Timothy DeGeeter
- State Representative Dan Dodd
- State Representative Ron Gerberry
- State Representative Bob Hagan
- State Representative Matt Lundy
- Mayor of Parma Heights Martin Zanotti
- Parma Clerk of Courts Marty Vittardi
John Edwards, Press Release - Edwards Gains Momentum In Ohio Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/293849