Fact Sheet - President Donald J. Trump Has Ushered In An Unprecedented Era Of Economic Prosperity
DRIVING A NEW ERA OF ECONOMIC SUCCESS: President Donald J. Trump is upholding his promise to rejuvenate the economy and deliver a new era of prosperity for American workers.
- President Trump's pro-growth agenda of tax cuts, deregulation, trade reform, and energy independence has delivered incredible results over the past 3 years.
- The President's policies are lifting up American workers and providing new opportunities and hope to millions of Americans.
- Job creation is booming, incomes are rising for workers across all levels, and poverty is falling thanks to President Trump's actions.
CREATING OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL: The booming economy is creating millions of jobs for American workers.
- More than 7 million jobs have been added to the economy since President Trump's election.
- Unemployment has fallen to historic lows, and there are more job openings than job seekers for the first time on record.
- Job openings have exceeded job seekers for 21 consecutive months.
- The unemployment rate has dropped to levels unseen in half a century.
- The unemployment rate stands at 3.5%, matching its lowest level since 1969.
- The unemployment rate has been at or below 4% for 22 consecutive months.
- Americans of all backgrounds are thriving thanks to this economic revival.
- The unemployment rates for African Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Asian Americans have all reached record lows under President Trump.
- The unemployment rate for women reached its lowest level in nearly 70 years.
- Workers are coming off the sidelines and back into the labor market by the millions to fuel the continued growth of the economy.
LEAVING NO AMERICAN BEHIND: President Trump's economic resurgence is lifting up all Americans.
- Thanks to President Trump's tax reform, Opportunity Zones are restoring hope to communities that were neglected.
- Nearly 9,000 Opportunity Zones have been designated in communities across the country, incentivizing investment in economically distressed areas.
- Almost 2.5 million Americans have been lifted out of poverty, including nearly 1.4 million children.
- The poverty rates for African Americans and Hispanic Americans are at record lows.
- Wages are rising fastest for low income workers, a reverse from the trends under the previous administration.
- Workers are now seeing even larger wage gains than managers.
- Under President Trump, the bottom half of households in our Nation have seen their net worth grow by 47%—more than three times faster than the top 1%.
Donald J. Trump, Fact Sheet - President Donald J. Trump Has Ushered In An Unprecedented Era Of Economic Prosperity Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/340174