Executive Order No. 6470 The Creation of the Public Works Emergency Housing Corporation.
By virtue of the authority vested in me under Title II of the National Industrial Recovery Act, approved June 16, 1933 (Public No. 67, 73d Congress), and with a view to increasing employment quickly:
(1) I hereby designate and establish the Public Works Emergency Housing Corporation, a corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Delaware (hereinafter called the Housing Corporation), as an agency under Title II of said Act, with the powers and for the purposes hereinafter set forth.
(2) The Housing Corporation is authorized and empowered to construct, finance, or aid in the construction or financing of any public-works project included in the program prepared pursuant to Section 202(d) of said Act.
(3) The Housing Corporation is authorized and empowered to acquire by purchase, or by exercise of the power of eminent domain, any real or personal property in connection with the construction of any such project.
(4) The Housing Corporation is authorized and empowered to sell any security acquired or any property so constructed or acquired or to lease any such property with or without the privilege of purchase; provided, that all moneys received by the Housing Corporation from any such sale or lease shall be applied in the manner provided in Section 203 of said Act.
(5) The Housing Corporation is authorized and empowered to take any and all such action, do any and all such things, and exercise any and all such powers as may be or appear necessary, suitable, or expedient in connection with the foregoing.
Franklin D. Roosevelt, Executive Order No. 6470 The Creation of the Public Works Emergency Housing Corporation. Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/207848