Campaign Press Release - Top 5 Must-Watch Moments from the First Presidential Debate
Tonight, the American people witnessed President Trump deliver a strong, focused debate performance—a stark contrast from Joe Biden's weakness on virtually every issue. Here are the top five must-watch moments from tonight's debate:
- Joe Biden refused to answer a question on whether or not he would pack the Supreme Court. "Whatever position I take on that, that will become the issue," Biden said.
- President Trump hammered Joe Biden for saying he would shut down America's economy again. Democrats "think they're hurting us by keeping them [their states and cities] closed. They're hurting people ... Our country is coming back incredibly well, setting records as it does it—we don't need somebody to come in and say, 'Let's shut it down.'"
- Joe Biden has not called a single elected Democrat leader to urge them to restore law and order and public safety to their streets. When asked why, Biden responded weakly: "I don't hold public office."
- Joe Biden could not name a single law enforcement group that supports him. "He's talking about defunding the police. He has no law enforcement support," President Trump said.
- President Trump is cutting the cost of prescription drugs. Joe Biden could've done this during his 47 years in government, but he didn't.
Donald J. Trump, Campaign Press Release - Top 5 Must-Watch Moments from the First Presidential Debate Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/344006