Campaign Press Release - President Trump is Fighting for North Carolina Workers and Families
As President Trump speaks with supporters in Winston-Salem, the evidence shows his whole-of-government response to the coronavirus helped North Carolina families and workers:
- President Trump fought to give the people of North Carolina the resources and help they needed to fight the coronavirus.
- The Trump Administration's Paycheck Protection Program protected 1.2 million North Carolina jobs and has provided more than $12.2 billion worth of loans to over 129,000 businesses.
- 5 million North Carolinians have received Economic Impact Payments totaling more than $8 billion in relief.
- The CARES Act is providing up to $4 billion worth of aid to the state of North Carolina and more than $919 million to 6,905 health care providers in the state.
North Carolina's businesses are poised for a historic comeback thanks to President Trump's economic leadership:
- President Trump's historic tax cuts, deregulation, and pro-growth policies helped build a stronger economy for North Carolina's workers and businesses.
- In the last 3 months, North Carolina added a record number of 290,100 jobs back following the economy's artificial interruption from the China virus.
- Between President Trump's election and February 2020, North Carolina added over 243,600 jobs, including 12,700 manufacturing jobs. While Joe Biden was Vice President, North Carolina lost 13,200 manufacturing jobs.
- 252 North Carolina communities have been designated as Opportunity Zones thanks to the Trump tax reform law, driving new private investments into these distressed and predominantly minority areas.
- More than 104,000 North Carolinians were lifted out of poverty during the first two years of the Trump Administration.
President Trump kept his promise to negotiate America First trade deals, providing a massive boost to North Carolina's economy:
- The President's United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) trade deal will boost North Carolina's economy and deliver new jobs to the state.
- North Carolina exports more than $10 billion annually in goods to Canada and Mexico.
- Trade with Canada and Mexico supports more than 376,000 jobs in the state, including nearly 32,000 manufacturing jobs.
- President Trump is defending North Carolina's farmers and agricultural producers from China by providing more than $194 million in direct USDA payments to farmers to offset the damage of China's unfair trade practices.
But Joe Biden's radical, far-left agenda will decimate North Carolina workers and families:
- Biden will raise taxes on the middle class. His plan calls for raising taxes by $4 trillion and it would hit more than 80 percent of American taxpayers.
- Biden has promised to "end" fossil fuels and American energy production. The oil, gas, and coal industries support over 144,000 jobs in North Carolina and contribute nearly $14 billion to the state's economy each year.
- One third of North Carolina's households rely on fossil fuels to heat their homes.
- Joe Biden's plans endanger the private health insurance that over 5.3 million North Carolinians rely on.
- Biden's government-run public option plan would ultimately kill private health insurance plans.
- Under Biden's government-run public option plan, 24 of North Carolina's rural hospitals would be at "high risk" of closing, limiting patients' access to health care.
- Joe Biden pledged that charter schools will be "gone" if he is elected president. In North Carolina, more than 100,000 students are enrolled in over 170 charter schools.
Donald J. Trump, Campaign Press Release - President Trump is Fighting for North Carolina Workers and Families Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/344015