Campaign Press Release - Joe Biden's Campaign Starts Door-Knocking After Saying It Puts Lives At Risk
The 180-degree reversal shows Biden is out-organized and panicking.
The Biden campaign has hypocritically launched in-person canvassing in battleground states just days after saying that doing so risks lives. It's a jarring, 180-degree reversal for the Biden campaign:
- Biden campaign manager Jennifer O'Malley Dillon said on September 14 that door knocking "doesn't really matter" and doesn't "have any impact on reaching voters."
- DNC spokesperson Lily Adams said that by door knocking, "the Trump campaign is risking the lives of their staff, the lives of voters, and risking becoming a super spreader organization during the middle of a pandemic."
- Biden campaign National States Director Jenn Ridder said, "Donald Trump's voter outreach fails to understand the concerns of Americans right now. He is blatantly having events. He is blatantly going to doors."
- Biden National States Director Jenn Ridder said, "People are not necessarily wanting someone to go up to their door right now."
- Mid-level Biden staffer Andrew Bates said just three days ago that voters think canvassers should "get the f**k off [their] doorstep before you give [them] coronavirus."
The Biden campaign was crystal clear in their view on the dangers of door-knocking. What changed? They know they're being hopelessly outworked on the ground. The Trump campaign has over 2 million volunteers who have been knocking on doors safely and have contacted over 116 million voters. The Biden campaign has been nowhere while the Trump campaign is everywhere.
Donald J. Trump, Campaign Press Release - Joe Biden's Campaign Starts Door-Knocking After Saying It Puts Lives At Risk Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/345657