Campaign Press Release - After Stagnating Under Joe Biden, Workers' Wages Soared Under President Trump
President Trump is making America's economy great again, but Joe Biden's radical agenda would destroy our economy and crush American families. He oversaw the worst economic recovery since the Great Depression of the 1930s, and now his far-left agenda would cost the average American family $6,500 per year.
Before China unleashed the virus on the world, wages for typical American workers were rising at their fastest rate in a decade thanks to President Trump's leadership.
- According to the Wall Street Journal, wages for "rank-and-file" workers were growing at the fastest rate in a decade, outpacing those of their bosses.
- Wages for the bottom quarter of workers were outpacing gains for high income workers.
- Wages for Black Americans were growing even faster. After years of stagnation, President Trump's economy finally accelerated wage growth for Black workers.
President Trump built the greatest economy in history once and he's doing it again. The U.S. economy just recorded the biggest jump in growth in American history. The only thing that can stop The Great American Comeback is Joe Biden, who wants to shut down our country and pursue a reckless, radical left-wing agenda that will decimate our economy and pummel workers:
- As vice president, Biden presided over eight years of weak wage growth, averaging just 2.2%.
- Biden oversaw the worst economic recovery since the Great Depression.
- Biden's plan to raise taxes on Americans at all income levels would shrink our economy and reduce wages for American workers.
- Biden's tax, health-care, and energy plans will lead to $6,500 less in median household income by 2030.
- Biden's dangerous, open-borders policies would drive down American workers' wages during an economic recovery.
This election is a choice between a Trump recovery and a Biden depression. For American workers, the choice is clear.
Donald J. Trump, Campaign Press Release - After Stagnating Under Joe Biden, Workers' Wages Soared Under President Trump Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/346824