Campaign Press Release - 1 YEAR AGO TODAY: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris's Job-Killing, Anti-Energy Agenda on Full Display
Biden and Harris detailed their plans to kill millions of American energy jobs.
One year ago today, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris appeared at a CNN townhall and stated their desire to wage a far-left war against American energy, ban fracking, eliminate all oil, coal, and natural gas, and wipe out the jobs of 10.3 million Americans:
- Said socialist Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal doesn't go too far, and that his plan goes "beyond" what she proposed.
- Threw his support behind a job-killing carbon tax.
- Angrily asserted that "no one is gonna build a new coal burning [plant]" and said we need to "shut the ones down we have."
- Said she would "end any fossil fuel leases on public lands" and rejoin the Paris Climate Accord "on day one" of entering office.
- Told a voter, "there's no question I'm in favor of banning fracking."
- Said she would "Yes!" ban offshore drilling. (Biden agrees.)
- Joined Biden in his crusade against plastic straws.
- Said Americans need to be "educated about the effect of our eating habits on our environment," and pledged to change the dietary guidelines to reduce Americans' red meat consumption.
Today is also the 11th anniversary of Biden's speech at Solyndra, the solar energy company that he and Barack Obama guaranteed a $535 million federal loan to before it went bankrupt in a cloud of failure and wasted taxpayer dollars. It was a small-scale preview of the chaos Biden's $2 trillion energy plan would wreak on the U.S. economy.
The extreme, job-killing, anti-energy policies of Biden and Harris make the choice for Americans in November very clear: a president who fights for American energy jobs and American prosperity, or a far-left duo who will suffocate our economy, destroy America's energy independence, and take away the paychecks of millions of blue-collar workers.
Donald J. Trump, Campaign Press Release - 1 YEAR AGO TODAY: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris's Job-Killing, Anti-Energy Agenda on Full Display Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/345511