Biden Campaign Press Release - Senator Paul Kirk, Congressman Bill Delahunt, and Leaders from Across the Bay State Endorse Joe Biden
Boston, Massachusetts — Today, former United States Senator Paul Kirk, former United States Congressman Bill Delahunt, and over 35 leaders from across the Bay State announced their endorsement of Joe Biden for President.
"By experience and qualifications, former Vice-President Joe Biden will be best prepared and equipped on January 20, 2021 to restore a patriotic spirit of unity and a culture of public service defined by decency, civility, inclusion, bi-partisanship, and constitutional order. Uniquely, he will immediately be held in the highest esteem, trust, and confidence by other world leaders. Politically, when the stakes for our democracy could not be higher, Joe Biden will be the strongest asset to our Democratic senate nominees in the 'must-win' battleground states in November. I have known Joe Biden since his days on the Wilmington City Council. His character, authenticity, decent human spirit and seasoned, steady statesmanship will be gifts to our nation at its hour of maximum need for a more hopeful and progressive future," said former Senator Paul Kirk.
"Years before we worked together to champion the International Violence Against Women Act, then-Senator Joe Biden wrote and passed the original Violence Against Women Act -- landmark legislation that changed the way our country handles domestic and sexual violence. Biden fought for years to pass the Violence Against Women Act, refusing to give up as he gave a voice to those in our communities who are too often silenced. I'm proud to endorse Joe Biden for President because I know that he'll be able to bring people together, get things done, and move our country forward." said former Congressman Bill Delahunt.
"This campaign is quite simply about the character of our nation and that is why I am proud to support Joe Biden for President. Vice President Biden is a man of great character and integrity who understands the soul of our nation and who will fight to protect it each and every day. Joe Biden knows America and we know him. He understands the hopes and dreams of Americans and the challenges people face in their pursuit and he will restore America's place in the world and Americans' confidence in the presidency. Joe and Jill Biden have dedicated themselves to making the lives of others better. That's the kind of leadership we need in the White House.," said former CEO of the DNC Steve Kerrigan.
"I am pleased to endorse Joe Biden for president. One of the key reasons is his practical approach to ensuring access to healthcare for all, and in my opinion he is THE candidate who can beat Donald Trump," said former MA Commissioner of Public Health Cheryl Bartlett, RN
"Joe Biden, has a distinguished career and experience and the ability to bring our country together again. He is the one person to beat Donald Trump in 2020!" said former Sheriff Michael Ashe.
The full list of Bay State leaders endorsing Joe Biden for President include:
- Paul Kirk, former United States Senator
- Bill Delahunt, former U.S. Congressman
- Michael Ashe, former Sheriff
- Steve Kerrigan, former CEO of the Democratic National Convention
- Paul Tucker, State Representative
- Angelo Scaccia, State Representative
- Paul Kujawski, former State Representative
- Peter Larkin, former State Representative
- Bill Bowles, former State Representative
- Armand LeMay, former Mayor of Lowell
- Cliff Ponte Jr., Fall River City Council President
- Frank Baker, Boston City Councilor
- Moises Rodrigues, Brockton City Councilor and former Mayor of Brockton
- Shelly MacNeill, Chair of the Stoneham Select Board
- John Riordan, former Plymouth County Commissioner
- Tina Cardoso, Brockton City Councilor-at-Large
- Rita Mendes, Brockton City Councilor-at-Large
- Thomas Monahan, Brockton City Councilor
- Buzzy Barton, Lynn City Councilor
- Tim Allen, Springfield City Councilor
- Adam Knight, Medford City Councilor
- DJ Beauregard, Methuen City Councilor
- Michael Fenton, Springfield City Councilor
- Michael Mullen, Jr., Rockland Selectman
- John Merrigan, Franklin County Registrar of Probate
- Demetrius Atsalis, former State Representative
- Stephen J. Murphy, Suffolk Register of Deeds
- Cheryl Bartlett, former MA Commissioner of Public Health
- Bill Buckley, Chair of Walpole School Committee
- Mark Costa, Fall River School Committee Vice Chair
- Michelle 'Mimi' Larrivee, Fall River School Committee Member
- Paul Hart, Fall River School Committee Member
- David Dennis, former Fall River City Councilor
- Curtis LeMay, former Lowell City Councilor
- Jim Brady, former Walpole Town Moderator
- Tony Rodrigues, Brockton School Committee Member
- Timothy J. Sullivan, Brockton School Committee Member
These leaders join the more than 50 Bay State leaders who have previously announced their endorsement for Joe Biden for President, including former Secretary of State John Kerry, U.S. Representatives Seth Moulton and Stephen Lynch, State Sen. Marc Pacheco, and more. Biden for President also recently announced a MA headquarters in Quincy.
Joseph R. Biden, Biden Campaign Press Release - Senator Paul Kirk, Congressman Bill Delahunt, and Leaders from Across the Bay State Endorse Joe Biden Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/366617