Chapel Hill, North Carolina – The John Edwards for President campaign announced today that it raised in excess of $14 million during the first quarter fundraising period, far exceeding its budget and nearly doubling the amount Edwards raised during the first quarter in 2003. Americans from across the country and from a wide range of backgrounds supported Senator Edwards' campaign to start changing America today with big, bold ideas.
First quarter fundraising figures from the John Edwards for President campaign include:
- More than $14 million raised total.
- More than 40,000 contributors from across the country.
- 80 percent of contributions were $100 or less.
- $3.3 million raised from online contributions.
- Around $1 million raised in general election funds.