Earlier in the flight Spicer came back to say the president spoke about the travel restraining order at the rally and his words carry more weight but answered a couple questions very shortly.
- Spicer said Trump felt the original travel ban was drafted correctly from the beginning but that it would drag on and Trump wanted to get it over with.
- Spicer was asked if he saw the TRO that cited Stephen Miller's comments about the travel ban. Spicer said he has not read it yet but the lawyers are looking at it now.
- Spicer was asked about the president's comments that the second version is the watered down version.
Spicer said yes, he "tailored it to the court which is what he said and "I don't think it's anything inconsistent with what he said."
Spicer said the president "still stands by the very first executive order."
- Scoop: Briefing at "2ish tomorrow" because Spicer is really pumped for the visit of Taoiseach Enda Kenny.
- Angela Merkel will not go to mar-a-lago