The Fox News crew walked in front of the press vans with Tucker Carlson and Stephen Miller excitedly chatting and laughing as they walked by.
Inside the facility there were 11 made in the US cars. On the left an electric blue Mustang bore a sign that it was made in Flat Rock, Michigan. A red Jeep Grand Cherokee on the right was made in Detroit, Michigan.
With a giant American flag behind them, POTUS walked with Elaine Chao and Mary Barra of General Motors and others.
Trump then called over Michigan Governor Rick Snyder for a photo "Even though you didn't endorse me," to awkward laughter.
"We're going to bring a lot of jobs back to Michigan and Ohio and Pennsylvania," the president said.
At a roundtable with CEOs POTUS said "we're going to do some wonderful work with you but you're going to have to help us with jobs."
"I know you're all competitors," POTUS said, but asked the CEOs to build modern plants "like you've built in Mexico."
United Auto Workers president Dennis Williams said he appreciates Trump being there but he is worried about environmental standards for the automobile industry.
"We all agree with you 100%. 100%. We want you to make great cars but if it takes an extra thimble of fuel," we want you to do it, Trump said.
Participants in Roundtable:
1. Governor Rick Snyder
2. Administrator Scott Pruitt
3. Secretary Elaine Chao
Auto Industry Company Heads:
4. Mary Barra, General Motors
5. Sergio Marchionne, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA)
6. Mark Fields, Ford Motor Company
7. W. Gerald "Jerry" Flannery, Hyundai Motor Company
8. Dietmar Exler, Mercedes-Benz USA
9. Lex Kerssemakers, Volvo Cars
10. James "Jim" Lentz, Toyota Motor North America
11. Jose Munoz, Nissan Motor Company
12. Rick Schostek, Honda North America, Inc.
13. Michael Sprague, Kia Motors America (KMA)
14. David Geanacopoulos, Sr., Volkswagen
15. Dennis Williams, UAW President
16. Cindy Estrada, Vice President (GM)
17. Robert Miller, IAC Group
18. Robert Kaiser, Gallagher Kaiser
19. David Dauch, American axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc. (AAM)
Vehicles in Tour:
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Made in Detroit, Michigan
Ford Mustang GT
Made in Flat Rock, Michigan
Made in Lake Orion, Michigan
Made in Georgetown, Kentucky
Made in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Made in Montgomery, Alabama
Made in Canton, Mississippi
Made in West Point, Georgia
Made in Vance, Alabama